Post Primary School Fittest Schools Challenge
Sponsored by the University of Limerick
For Post Primary school students
Schools will be awarded a point per student that either
- Crosses the finish line on Sunday, October 4th. This is only applicable to the 6 Mile event and ages 12-19
- Volunteers on the day of the event (must be transition years or older)
The cost to enter the event is a reduced price of €18 (6 Mile only)
Winning schools will be placed at 1st, 2nd, 3rd, based on a % ratio of students taking part.
A school with 500 students that has 250 students taking part will have a 50% participation rate, whereas a school with 800 students that has 250
students taking part will have a 31% participation rate. Although both have the same participating numbers the overall % ratio
for the first school is higher.
- Prize funds are €1500 (1st), €1000 (2nd), and €500 (3rd) – €3,000 in total
- Minimum school size is 300 students
- Potential to use this as part of a Gaisce award