13.1 miles or 21 kilometres through a mixture of Limerick’s city centre, riverside, suburb and countryside locations.
Starting at Pery Square with its Georgian architecture and award winning People’s Park. The route then heads to the Raheen area, passing Old Crescent Rugby Club on the Rosbrien road. The route travels through Churchfield Meadow’s and then along the Mulcair road in Dooradoyle road before returning to the city centre via Rosbrien road again.
The route then goes to the West side of the River Shannon crossing Sarsfield bridge and turning onto O’Callaghan strand. The route circles the North circular road and then joins at the Ennis road. From union cross on the Ennis road the route travels outbound to the Gaelic Grounds.
At the Gaelic grounds the route travels into Brookville and then exits once again at the Gaelic grounds at Corrib drive. From here the route travels along the Ennis road crossing Sarsfield bridge before finishing on O’Connell street outside the Augustinian Church.
RULES & PRIZES
1. Prizes are awarded individually and equally in Male and Female categories.
2. There must be 3 or more entries to constitute a prize-winning category.
3. Age qualification as at event day.
4. Age category applied as per Date of Birth supplied.
5. Incorrect category assignment must be highlighted prior to race day. This is viewable on the website.
6. The Great Limerick Run operates a ‘one person, one prize’ policy.
7. Participants in the Great Limerick Run who are placed in more than one category are awarded the prize of greater value.
8. Placings will be awarded on gun time not chip time. i.e. whoever crosses the line first wins (not their chip time).
9. Course closes at 3:00PM
FIRST: €600 • SECOND: €300 • THIRD: €150
OVER 35: €100 • OVER 45: €100 • OVER 55: €100 • OVER 65: €100
HALF MARATHON FAQs
Race commences at 10:30am
Yes pacemakers will be available at 1hr 30mins, 1hr 40 mins, 1hr 50mins, 2 hrs and 2hrs 10mins
Miles 2, 4.5, 7, 9, 10.5 and 12.5
A finishers medal, a souvenir finishers t-shirt(handed out at the Expo), food, refreshment and the elation of having completed a remarkable event on a memorable day in a true sporting city.
Course closes at 3:00pm.
Yes chips are used. Chip times are taken at the start and finish.
Results will be published on the website within 24 hours.
Should the event be postponed due to occurrences outside the control of the event organiser, the event organiser reserves the right to reschedule the event to a future date. Those registered for the event will be accommodated on the rescheduled event date. If the rescheduled event date does not suit the individuals needs the event organiser will offer a deferral to the next year’s event or refund the ticket price up to 3 months preceding the new event date. No refunds will be accommodated 3 months from the rescheduled event date. If any of the above applies to your situation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org