13.1 miles or 21 kilometres through a mixture of Limerick’s city centre, riverside, suburb and countryside locations.
The course initially heads south taking the participants past Old Crescent Rugby Club and then to Rosbrien Road to roundabout, onto Dooradoyle Roundabout and through Church Hill Meadows.
The course then returns to the city along the Rosbrien road and passes along O’Connell Avenue then down Glentworth Street, onto Henry Street over Sarsfield Bridge after circuling via Liddy Street.
Over the last 6 Miles the participants will enjoy a host of landmark sites including fantastic view of King Johns Castle, Thomond Bridge, Sarsfield Bridge, The Treaty Stone, Thomond Park Stadium.
The Half Marathon finishes on Limerick’s main street O’Connell Street.
RULES & PRIZES
1. Prizes are awarded individually and equally in Male and Female categories.
2. There must be 3 or more entries to constitute a prize-winning category.
3. Age qualification as at event day.
4. Age category applied as per Date of Birth supplied.
5. Incorrect category assignment must be highlighted prior to April 30th. This is viewable on the website.
6. The Great Limerick Run operates a ‘one person, one prize’ policy.
7. Participants in the Great Limerick Run who are placed in more than one category are awarded the prize of greater value.
8. Placings will be awarded on gun time not chip time. i.e. whoever crosses the line first wins (not their chip time).
FIRST: €600 • SECOND: €300 • THIRD: €150
OVER 35: €100 • OVER 45: €100 • OVER 55: €100 • OVER 65: €100
HALF MARATHON FAQs
Race commences at 10:30am on Sunday May Bank Holiday
Yes pacemakers will be available at 1hr 30mins, 1hr 40 mins, 1hr 50mins, 2 hrs and 2hrs 10mins
Miles 2, 4.5, 7, 9, 10.5 and 12.5
A finishers medal, a souvenir finishers t-shirt(handed out at the Expo), food, refreshment and the elation of having completed a remarkable event on a memorable day in a true sporting city.
Course closes at 4:30pm.
Yes chips are used. Chip times are taken at the start and finish.
Results will be published on the website within 24 hours.