Walk run or jog… these 6 miles take in a host of historical, cultural and sporting sites along the way and double up as the final leg of both the Marathon and Half Marathon events.
Starting at Pery Square with its Georgian architecture and award winning People’s Park, the race then follows the River Shannon over Sarsfield Bridge and towards Hassets Cross and down Shelbourne Road North. The race passes the Treaty Stone (1691), and heads for the world famous Thomond Park Stadium, home to the Munster Rugby team.
The last mile of the race travels along the wonderful O’Callaghan Strand before crossing the Shannon and heading to the finish line on Limerick’s O’Connell Street.
The 6 mile route has music and entertainment along the way with upwards of 10 music stations along the route, adding further to the overall enjoyment!
RULES & PRIZES
1. Prizes are awarded individually and equally in Male and Female categories.
2. There must be 3 or more entries to constitute a prize-winning category.
3. Age qualification as on day of event.
4. Age category applied as per Date of Birth supplied.
5. Incorrect category assignment must be highlighted prior to April 22nd. This is viewable on the website.
6. The Great Limerick Run operates a ‘one person, one prize’ policy.
7. Participants in the Great Limerick Run who are placed in more than one category are awarded the prize of greater value.
8. Placings will be awarded on gun time not chip time. i.e. whoever crosses the line first wins (not their chip time).
FIRST: €500 • SECOND: €300 • THIRD: €150
6 MILE FAQs
Race commences at 12:30PM on Sunday May Bank Holiday
No pacemakers for the 6 mile event.
Mile 1.5, 2.5 and 5.5.
A finishers medal, a souvenir finishers tee-shirt (handed out at the Expo), food, refreshment and the elation of having completed a remarkable event on a memorable day in Limerick.
Course closes at 4:30pm.
Yes chips are used. Chip times are taken at the start and finish.
Results will be published on the website within 24 hours.